Support for Individuals and Families 

To download community resources the document click below

To download the presentation from the Workers’ Resource Centre

To download the presentation from the Alberta Worker’s Health Centre click below:

The May 20 video is available at:

This document is for information purposes only and

does not constitute legal advice.

Updated May 20, 2020 

Occupational Health and Safety Rights 

Alberta Workers’ Health Centre (with info and links to worker H&S rights, work refusals, etc.)

Workers’ Resource Centre

• For Help with Workplace issues Like Employment Insurance please phone 403 264 8100

Most workers in Alberta are covered under Alberta’s Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code.

Right to Refuse Dangerous Work (Alberta):

Some workers are Federally regulated and are covered under the

 Canada Labour Code Part II.

Right to Refuse Dangerous Work (Federally Regulated):

Workers belonging to a union may have additional Health and Safety protection under their Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Alberta Employment Standards 

The Rights of most Non-Union workers in Alberta

Canada Labour Code Part III 

The Rights of non-union federally regulated workplace

Available Financial Supports  

• Increasing the Canada Child Benefit

• Special Goods and Services Tax Credit Payment

• Extra Time to File Income Tax returns

• Mortgage Supports

• The New Canada Emergency Benefit

• Apply for Employment Insurance

• The New Canada Emergency Response Benefit

•Improved access to Employment Insurance Sickness Benefits

• The New Canada Emergency Response Benefit

• A New Indigenous Community Support Fund

• Enhancing the Reaching Home Initiative

• Support for Women’s Shelters and Sexual Assault Centres

• Reduced Minimal Withdrawals for Registered Retirement Income Funds

• Practical Services: delivery of items and personal outreach

• A moratorium on the repayment of Canada Student Loans

• Mental Health Support for Youth

Local Resources

• To Access Local Support Services Please Call 211 

• To learn more about the United Way of Calgary’s Community Response Fund

• Utility Payment Deferral

• Income Support Contact Centre 


• Mental Health Helpline


• Kids Help Phone


• Family Violence Information Line 

310 1818

• Dementia Advice 


• Child Abuse Hotline 


• Bullying Helpline


• Alberta Quits Helpline


• Addiction Services Helpline 


• Alberta Abuse Hotline (offers assistance in 100 languages) 


• Protection for persons in care reporting line 


Sexual Assault Services